Re: [task #16044] Submission of Ladspa Tool Kit

From: Lewis ANESA
Subject: Re: [task #16044] Submission of Ladspa Tool Kit
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:09:31 +0200

Hi all,

"Louis, please correct any part of this that appears incorrect"
You may have called me Louis.
If it is the case,
I let you know that I'm very rare case of French whose first name is really Lewis.
Even if, once translated into french Lewis -> Louis, my first mane remains Lewis even here in France ;-)
Note that I didn't get hurt, I just mention it for information.

Yes this is my vision except that I wish to give the project to FSF/GNU teams
and continue support as part of these teams.

If it is not the case,
no question where answered to me so just ignore my message.

Regards Lewis ANESA.

Le mar. 21 sept. 2021 à 17:03, Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st> a écrit :
Hi Ineiev, all,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 9:53 AM Ineiev <INVALID.NOREPLY@gnu.org> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #7, task #16044 (project administration):
>
> [comment #6 comment #6:]
> > >What were you advised?
> > So I put myself (My own name) on copyright. (file #51945)
>
> Was that correct?

I think it is.  The submitter is claiming copyright for files they
authored.  Meanwhile, FSF has not (yet) accepted copyright for this
work.

The approach of submitting first to non-gnu svh then pursuing transfer
of copyright to FSF was from jxself in #fsf and confirmed rwp in
#savannah (on libera.chat).   As an aside, were we also told that
transfer of copyright to FSF isn't a requirement for a package to
become a "GNU package".

My understanding is the author has this vision:
- package is accepted for non-GNU savannah
- package is accepted as an official GNU package and thus moves to GNU savannah
- transfer of copyright to FSF (if desired by FSF/GNU teams)

Louis, please correct any part of this that appears incorrect.

TIA for your guidance Ineiev

--
Corwin
corwin@bru.st