synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:56:44 +0100

Dear Friends,

we are happy to release the new version 0.55 today. It will fix the
problem that synaptic will exit after it showed the changes window on
gtk2.5 systems (Ubuntu Linux/Fedora Core). It has some other nice
feature as well but it got a little testing this time, because we
wanted to release quick. If you find any problems, please let us know
(either via the mailinglist, directly to me or the BTS of your
choice).

NEWS:
 - new columns: "component", "section", "suppported" (first two off by default)
 - support to mark packages as supported by the distribution,
   (see the attached file for details)
 - AND/OR mode for pattern filter has gui support now
 - Auto install for recommended packages is back
 - When the find window is opened, the current text is selected
 - Views looks a bit more like in Evolution
 - "Force version" has the shortcut (CTRL-e)
 - Updated german translation (thanks to Sebastian Heinlein)
 - Various bugfixes

I'm interessted in your opionion in the supported column. The basic
idea is to make it easy for the user to see what packages come from
the distribution and what come from other repositories. It should be
straightforward to support other distribution that debian with it.

Some feedback if RPM support if working all right would be nice as
well.

You can get the packages at the usual location at:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/synaptic/synaptic-0.55.tar.gz

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ