synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55

From: Sviataslau Svirydau
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:25:08 +0200

Michael Vogt wrote:

Dear Friends,

we are happy to release the new version 0.55 today.

Great!

NEWS:
- new columns: "component", "section", "suppported" (first two off by default)
"section" column looks like surrogate here. I more like old-style interface where it was possible to set presentation status independently. I'd like to have sections, filters, search results (and may be status, though it seems like subset of filter functionality) working independently.
I think it's normal when user wants:
- perform search and vew search result splitted into sections
- apply some filter for search results
- apply filter and view results by sections

It seems like for conf file syntax should be like follows:

Synaptic::mark-unsupported "y";
Synaptic::supported-label "Debian Debian-Security";
Synaptic::supported-components "main updates/main";

--
Best Regards,
Sviataslau Svirydau <Sviataslau_Svirydau at epam.com>