synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55

From: Leendert Meyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:43:21 +0100

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 16:59, Michael Vogt wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 04:11:51PM +0100, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 02 November 2004 09:56, Michael Vogt wrote:
> > > I'm interessted in your opionion in the supported column. The basic
> > > idea is to make it easy for the user to see what packages come from
> > > the distribution and what come from other repositories. It should be
> > > straightforward to support other distribution that debian with it.
> >
> > I put the lines from the attachment in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/apt.conf, but
> > I am not sure agains what RPM-field the supported-label strings are
> > compared.
>
> Puting it into the apt dir will probably not work. For now, you have
> to set this parameter either from the commmandline with:
>  ' -o Synaptic::supported-label="Debian " '
> or in the /root/.synaptic/synaptic.conf file. I will think about a
> better way to do this.

Aha. Well, at first synaptic gave me a syntax error in apt.conf, so I assumed
it was the right place. Apparently not.

> There is a thing called "label" in the Release file of a apt enabled
> rpm directory. In debian it looks like this:
>
> address@hidden:~$ cat
> /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp2.de.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_non-free_source
>_Release Archive: unstable
> Component: non-free
> Origin: Debian
> Label: Debian
> Architecture: source

I found that in my local repository, but the labels on all components are the
same (i.e. SuSE). Can I set the label in my repository's configuration file?
What is the xml-notation for that? And can I set a different label for each
component?

> > - The color selection dialog cannot be closed
>
> Confirmed on debian. Thanks for spotting this problem!

I noticed that the buttons are colored in GNOME. Nice, because I missed that
too (forgot to 'bug' you about it). ;)

> > - The right scrollbar looks a bit strange:
> >   o the top arrow is right below the slider
> >   o the top arrow moves /with/ the slider
>
> Is it possible that this is a theme issue? Does it help if you switch
> to a different one?

This is a theme issue. I switched to GNOME and I was unable to verify it.

BTW, what is the key sequence to get a 'kill-window'-cursor? On KDE it is
<Ctrl>+<Alt>-<Esc>...