synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55

From: Leendert Meyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:11:51 +0100

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 09:56, Michael Vogt wrote:
> NEWS:
>  - new columns: "component", "section", "suppported" (first two off by
> default) - support to mark packages as supported by the distribution,
>    (see the attached file for details)
>  - AND/OR mode for pattern filter has gui support now
>  - Auto install for recommended packages is back
>  - When the find window is opened, the current text is selected
>  - Views looks a bit more like in Evolution
>  - "Force version" has the shortcut (CTRL-e)
>  - Updated german translation (thanks to Sebastian Heinlein)
>  - Various bugfixes

Some nice improvements! :))

> I'm interessted in your opionion in the supported column. The basic
> idea is to make it easy for the user to see what packages come from
> the distribution and what come from other repositories. It should be
> straightforward to support other distribution that debian with it.

I put the lines from the attachment in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/apt.conf, but I am
not sure agains what RPM-field the supported-label strings are compared.

BTW, does the icon have to be 16x16 pixels?

> Some feedback if RPM support if working all right would be nice as
> well.
>
> You can get the packages at the usual location at:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/synaptic/synaptic-0.55.tar.gz

Compiles and runs on SuSE 9.2 (ex-LiveDVD).

But there is some weirdness ;) :

- The color selection dialog cannot be closed

- The right scrollbar looks a bit strange:
  o the top arrow is right below the slider
  o the top arrow moves /with/ the slider

- After clicking 'Apply', signatures /are/ being checked, no matter
  what the setting is of the 'verify signatures' checkbox

I like to have a confirmation of these from someone else.

Cheers,

Leen