synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:42:36 +0100

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 01:04:05PM -0500, sashko wrote:

> on 11/02/04 03:56 Michael Vogt wrote:
> >NEWS:
> > - "Force version" has the shortcut (CTRL-e)
> that's amazing. Thanks a lot
>

> comment:
> not sure it was worth to put it into /usr/local/sbin, because now I have
>  to do "su" each time I want to run it? and make sure I've logged out
> from the console after that. Before, gui was taking care about
> everything. But that's ok, I'll get use to it.

I assume you do not use debian? This gui authentification stuff is
something that should be dealed with by the distribution packagers
because it's pretty different on all the distributions. On debian I
pack it with gksu and it works pretty well. What distro and
spec-file/rpm are you using?

thanks,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ