synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55

From: Marc H. Thoben
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.55
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:04:14 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael Vogt wrote:

Puting it into the apt dir will probably not work. For now, you have
to set this parameter either from the commmandline with:
 ' -o Synaptic::supported-label="Debian " '
or in the /root/.synaptic/synaptic.conf file. I will think about a
better way to do this.

I have this in my synaptic.conf file:
address@hidden:~> grep supported .synaptic/synaptic.conf
  supportedColumnPos "8";
  supportedColumnVisible "1";
  mark-unsupported "true";
  supported-label "Debian";
supported-components "main contrib non-free non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free";

in hope to match all official debian packages, namely those:
address@hidden:~> grep ftp.de.debian /etc/apt/sources.list
  deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/ unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

Works fine, so far I have only seen non-official packages without a debian graphic in the "Supported"-column :)

There is a thing called "label" in the Release file of a apt enabled
rpm directory. In debian it looks like this:

address@hidden:~$ cat
/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp2.de.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_non-free_source_Release
Archive: unstable
Component: non-free
Origin: Debian
Label: Debian
Architecture: source

Now, there is this one source I use, which behaves weird:
Its packages have no debian graphic in the "Supported"-column, but they do not show up when I select "Status -> [Not] Installed (unsupported)"-view.

address@hidden:~> cat /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Release
Archive: unstable
Component: main
Origin: Christian Marillat