Re: [Wesnoth-dev] issues document

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] issues document
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:52:28 +0200

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 12:49:24PM +0200, Philippe Plantier wrote:
> ott wrote:
>
> >Since bugfixing activity seems to have slowed as we approach 1.0, I think
> >we need to at least acknowledge the worst of the open issues.  Here is
> >my first draft of a suggested ISSUES document to be shipped with 1.0.
> >Hopefully I've managed to convey the gist of the main outstanding
> >problems, without getting too technical.
>
> Good job!

Yep !

> >13981: the game uses lots of memory
> >
> >There may be some memory leaks in the code.  However, we have not been
> >able to find any.  The game does use lots of memory, since it keeps
> >track of lots of data about the units in each scenario.  If the game
> >uses too much memory, try saving, quitting and restarting the game and
> >the developers.
>
> I did not found proof of any memory leak when running the game under
> valgrind's massif.

I observed a leak on ipaq using 0.9.4, which I had meant to look at on
x86 but well :)

1 - start with an empty cache
2 - run the game, wait for initial cache build
 -> look at memory consumption
3 - start one campaign until 1st scenario fires
4 - back to main screen
 -> look at memory consumption

and goto 3 any number of time : memory usage keeps growing.

--
Yann Dirson    <address@hidden> |
Debian-related: <address@hidden> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
     http://ydirson.free.fr/        | Check <http://www.debian.org/>