Re: [Wesnoth-dev] issues document

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] issues document
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:12:45 +0200

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 12:49:24PM +0200, Philippe Plantier wrote:
> >10962: a unit does not level up in a replay if that is the last action
> >
> >Sometimes one of your units will kill the last enemy leader and not only
> >win the scenario, but also receive enough experience points that it
> >levels up.  Unfortunately, a replay of such a game will not show the
> >unit advancing.
>
> Is this reproducible? Never managed to reproduce such a bug.

Have reproduced it several times, though not since 0.9.5 or so (I haven't
really had time to watch replays since then).  It should be possible to
show this easily in debug mode, just reduce the enemy leader to 1 HP,
create a unit next to it, give it (N-1)/N XP, then fight and watch
the autosave.

As far as I can see, the problem seems to be that the unit advancing is
dealt with after the win event.

> I did not found proof of any memory leak when running the game under
> valgrind's massif.

See the modified text in the version of the document in CVS, which notes
that the game uses lots of memory instead of discussing purported leaks.

-- address@hidden