Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 11:42:44 +0200

On Sat, 03 May 2003 10:09:38 +0200 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> Well, double wielding is possible in most newer RPGs (Diablo 2,
> Baldur's Gate 2). We could just bypass this problem by not allowing
> double wielding normally, but then we include Parrying Weapons, which
> are normal weapons that fit into the shield slot.

Well, that's not even necessary if we would say that the shield slot can
hold either weapons or shields.

When I thought about this earlier, I also had an idea concerning the
GUI. I guess the usual way to equip items would be browsing the
inventory and somehow moving stuff from there to the equipment slots.
How about doing it the other way round? You'd browse the equipment
slots, and pressing the action (or equip) button would bring up a list
of all inventory items that fit into that slot.

First of all, that makes it easier for people to see what goes where
without RTFM. And second, all the constraints could also be taken into
account already. I.e. the list will only contain items the character can
actually use.

How does that sound?