RE: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Mike Avery
Subject: RE: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:09:16 -0700

> > I think the first task though Kai would be the topic of the other
> > discussion regarding items/effects/actuals/etc.  If we can
> define the
> > interface for the managmenet module, then there's something to code
> > to.
>
> Right. Perhaps we should come up with a few example cases, to see what
> might be required. Then we can try to derive a common interface from
> that. Luckily, I'll have some more time over the following week, so if
> you want to discuss anything, I should be available :).

OK great!

Here's what I see:

The character class has slots (which will be populated by the manager) with
pointers to the objects in the right/left hand, torso, head, legs, feet,
arms, neck, fingers etc.  The manager actually does the equipping, removal
and movement in/out of inventory through methods in the character class.  It
also services requests for item information through request methods.  I'm
going to have a good look at the container character classes.  I'm not sure
how much is in place as far as slot naming (right_hand, neck, torso) etc,
but we'll need to name the equippable slots if not already done.

OK downloading the game data to take a look at how items are done.  I'll
have a look at the python object stuff.