Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 19:07:43 +0200

On Thu, 01 May 2003 09:07:31 -0700 Mike Avery wrote:

> Been reading the docs, and just read the rules documentation. Are the
> rules in this document the decided approach to melee hit determiation
> and damage calculation?

When Ben et al came up with the rules they went for a simple approach.
Obviously, it's not sure whether that'll work out in the end. So that
part isn't definite yet.

If you favour a more complex solution, like you did years ago ;), then
you are free to try that, of course. Especially since Ben has given up
on further rule design and wants to concentrate on graphics. The poor
guy has also very little time :(.

I guess whatever approach we take will need some changes and balancing
once it is actually implemented, and once we can actually try it out.