Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 10:09:38 +0200

At 22:56 02.05.2003 +0200, you wrote:
On Fri, 02 May 2003 12:37:11 -0700 Mike Avery wrote:

> OK.  I was wondering about double-weilding.  No double-weilding?
> (weapon in each hand)
>
> Weapon and shield are fine, just thinking about potential requirements
> if double-weilding is in the cards.

Hm. Never thought of that. Guess we could make the shield slot a bit
more flexible to allow for that. Although in that case, there wouldn't
be much difference between left/right hand and weapon/shield, save the
names of the slots.

But double-weilding would be a nice feature, I believe. Can't remember
whether I've seen that in a game before. But it adds another choice for
players, and that's good IMO.

Well, double wielding is possible in most newer RPGs (Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate 2). We could just bypass this problem by not allowing double wielding normally, but then we include Parrying Weapons, which are normal weapons that fit into the shield slot.