RE: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Mike Avery
Subject: RE: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 07:00:29 -0700

Kai, am I correct in my observation that currently the character classes
don't have provisions for an "equipped" inventory?  Everything else seems to
be in palce to facilitate it.

We can have the character class create an iventory for itself with named
slots for:

head
neck
arms
right_hand
left_hand
r_ring_finger
l_ring_finger
legs
feet

Does this make sense to you?  I see that some of the item code mentions the
items storing methods to equip /  unequip iteself from a character slot, but
I see no implementation.  Do we want to have the item class have these
methods, or should the manager do this based on flags in the item object?
The manager performing the actions seems to me as offering better code/data
separation.

If an item can store which character-slots it can be equipped into, and list
of criteria to equip it (minimum stats etc), the manager could perform the
actions, and the item object itself could store criteria for the operations.
This way the character remains pure data, and only the methods required to
access it, while the manager does the managing.  Makes sense?

You mentioned that there was some code that wasn't in CVS.  What is the
nature of this code?  Does it begin this work?

Mike