Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Hello Hello
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 23:56:40 +0200

On Thu, 01 May 2003 10:20:38 -0700 Mike Avery wrote:

> I would like to combine the ideas in the docs with the core mechanics
> of the one I wrote long ago.  The sample code is horridly difficult to
> read, but the formulas incorporate the ideas from many discussions we
> had back then. Remember the smaples I did involving the "Butterknife
> vs platemail using neophyte and skilled attackers/defenders.? :)  I
> remember we were pleased with the predictable and preceptibly
> realistic results we got.  The formulas written long ago still have
> great balance in that way, but they were very narrow in scope.  If I
> can fold the great ideas from the docs into the equation, we should
> have something pretty cool!

Yeah, I rember that your formulas where pretty amazing. So I am looking
forward to what you can come up with.

> I think the first task though Kai would be the topic of the other
> discussion regarding items/effects/actuals/etc.  If we can define the
> interface for the managmenet module, then there's something to code
> to.

Right. Perhaps we should come up with a few example cases, to see what
might be required. Then we can try to derive a common interface from
that. Luckily, I'll have some more time over the following week, so if
you want to discuss anything, I should be available :).