Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 13:42:48 +0100

Surely lots of people rebind some non-prefix keys of dubious usefulness
like ‘C-z’ and ‘M-o’ (I bet I'm not alone in using those for
‘switch-to-buffer’ and ‘other-window’ respectively).

Now, as long as there is a _keymap_ for third-party packages, which
users can move wherever they see fit, I wouldn't care about the default
bindings.  But it's important not to leave room for the interpretation
that the third-party keymap will always be bound to its default key.

Best,
Augusto