Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 21:00:44 +0000

This won't fly because a lot of us bind 'C-z' to 'undo' (or a similar command), and special-casing 'C-z C-z' would break that usage (calling 'undo' several times in a row is common).

You would (of course) still be free to do this, what is proposed is only a default keybinding for a new keymap reserved for third-party packages. As I said to Stefan K, undo is already on three keys, using (I'm tempted to say "wasting") yet another key for this by default would be most regrettable.