Re: Concern about new binding.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Concern about new binding.
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 17:09:58 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: ofv@wanadoo.es, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 22:44:00 -0500
>
>   > I thought we were talking about your _incoming_ mail, and that is in
>   > the form of mbox files, which Mairix does understand.
>
> Sorry, you're right about that.  I hoped before to use mairix
> instead of grep to search my mail, and it failed because it
> could not handle my outgoing mail.  However, for this one
> purpose, mairix is usable.
>
> But I don't see how a textual search can detect these messages.

That depends on your criteria for "interesting" messages.  I cannot
possibly know that.  How would you do that by examining the messages
themselves?

In any case, measures such as Mairix don't have to have 100% accuracy,
they just need to lower the volume of email you aren't interested in
enough to make the difference.