Re: [glob2-devel] Optimisation of the gradients. Pointer vs integers.

From: Andrew Sayers
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Optimisation of the gradients. Pointer vs integers.
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:59:31 +0000

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 08:30:46PM +0100, Nuage wrote:
<snip - pointers vs. indices>

> How did you measured this ?

The only measurement I've done directly on this code so far is looking
at the load bar in the 512x512 map I looked at.  I'll have a go at a
proper test later tonight, but since Engine.log doesn't register loads
above 100%, I might have to use /proc/loadavg instead.

I've tested the speeds of different iterator types as part of the test
suite for the map rewrite, and found pointers to be several times faster
than indices.  However if you've found the opposite, it's possible that
my tests have been in error.  I should look at that too.

        - Andrew