Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:51:35 -0800

� wrote:
Hi,

For the new Wiki, I was planning to clean it a bit by:
- moving meta info from Main Page to Main Page's Talk
- moving Old Wiki's Main Page from User Manual to Main Page
- archiving news by creating a Archived News page
As I'm not sure anyone excepted me reads talk pages, I prefer asking on the ml first.

Another question, Kyle, do you make backup of SQL db ? If yes, could we download backups of glob2's wiki ?

Another issue that looks still open is the forum one: does everyone agree we can use MediaWiki as a forum ? A good argument for this is that Wikipedia has no forum and works very well.

Have a nice day,

Steph

forgot to mention the backups part, I do not make backups very often as I have yet to buy another HD, maybe once a month I'll do a complete write of all the data to my gaming rig, other then that, it is up to the users to do database dumps when they want archives. All users have crontabs so you can use that, although I sometimes wonder how well fcron is really working at the moment, oh well - I'm working on it.