Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:35:42 -0800

Stéphane Magnenat wrote:
Hi,

- there will be a seperate forum, punbb.
- there are no plans to integrate an actual forum type thing for talk
pages for mediawiki, it is a hack some people are working on, and we
will not use it.
- wikipedia is a project, mediawiki is the name of the software
- in the end, there are going to be six different sections of
communication: * forums
        * wiki
        * IRC
        * in game
        * bugzilla
        * this mailing list

Very good, let's go for this right now.

I think we should now move all the old wiki to the new one. I've made some suggestions in the pages and the talk pages as how I would see it.

We should also archive all the interesting discussion we have here on the developer section of the wiki. We should also have a page on this section that keeps tracks of what we have to do for 0.8.16.

Kyle, when do you think you'll have a higher bandwidth ? We should post nice and up-to-date screenshot, if possible in 640x480 to spare bandwidth,

I'll try to get some time Sunday to work on glob2, tomorrow is already fully booked sorry.

don't worry about my bandwidth, none of it is in use right now, so you can use up to 1024x768.

anyway, I made http://globulation2.org/wiki/BB_listings
so we can decide what we want to use instead of punBB because punBB's code sucks.

moving on, http://globulation2.org/wiki/Glob2-0.8.16 is the place for what's going in A16. I didn't know how exactly we wanted to do that, just /wiki/0.8.16 or whatever, so I just left it as that, but whatever we do there, I would like to stick with that naming structure for all future releases, for what we propose to put in and what has gone in

Also, if somebody wants to make a /wiki/CHANGELOG file, that included everything from the beginning, I think that that would be awesome!

Kyle