Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:50:39 -0800

Kyle Lutze wrote:

- there will be a seperate forum, punbb.
- there are no plans to integrate an actual forum type thing for talk pages for mediawiki, it is a hack some people are working on, and we will not use it.
- wikipedia is a project, mediawiki is the name of the software
- in the end, there are going to be six different sections of communication:
    * forums
    * wiki
    * IRC
    * in game
    * bugzilla
    * this mailing list

In the end I see us creating a better way to integrate everything and make all of the different functions of the whole project look more seemless, similar to a CMS, but who knows what will happen there.

I would like to install the forums at a time when somebody can work with me on getting the username db to match with mediawiki's.

I take back what I said about punbb, I have installed it, and it works nice for the most part, but upon further looking into, it's complete crap. the code is written horribly.
So now it's on to the next stage,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Internet_forum_software

which this time? keeping in mind that so far vbulletin and punbb are out, and phpbb is out unless they miraculously come out with a security flaw free version.

Kyle