Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New wiki site
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:52:40 -0800

� wrote:
Hi,
[snip]

Also about the source code:
   - lines are too long:  someone should use an automatc program that
will restructurate the hole code and with lines not longer than 80
caracters. Also the tab should be only 2 characters (4 or 6 is too much
i think).

I absolutely do not agree here, sorry. Good text editors such as kate (joky troll, do not reply thx ;-)) have dynamic word wrap that take into account the indentation level. I think that 4 chars per tab is good for readiness.

as for length, I don't know of any good number, except that 80 is way too short, andrew, somebody else(can't remember who), and I were talking about this earlier. as for tabs, 4 characters is the unwritten standard for staying clean.

Kyle