Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Glob2s lack of recovery strategy

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: Glob2s lack of recovery strategy
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:07:23 +0100

On the contrary, I believe games go quite quickly, although there are
certainly situations when a game can go longer. Its the first person
to gain an advantage wins, if, for example, he only gains an advantage
because his opponent made a cruel mistake, and mistakes are easy.

i don't believe it is so unforgiveing. perhaps others could reply on this, too. if games always end in 'all maxed out' end games it would be boring, too. so contrarely i take it for a disadvantage that even massive attacks with untrained warriors are very likely to fail as so the first 5 minutes will always be rather boring.

I didn't sight an example when i stated my material, infact that game
opposes what I'm saying in several manners. And aswell, triangle is a
well balanced map in my opponion. I'm actually drawing from different
maps, in particular, playground. Big pond is another example of a
slightly biased map, being moderately biased againt blue and for
green.

well maps bias is design. so blame the designer and not the concept. if you had automatically same chances with or without wheat it would be boring.

I'm not actually proposing a catch-up bonus, although that what it
probably seems like form my argument. I'm saying that we need to fine
tune the behaviour to better suit recovery, we should make it harder
for someone to win, perhaps by doing something like a defenders bonus,
so that you truly need to overcome your enemy to win, or make
strategic hits, such as moving your warriors around your enemy. Its a
complex problem, and it may seem like the game is already balanced.
I'm thinking the games behaviour should simply be more forgiving.

how about makeing building count influence happiness somehow? so you can't loose all your workers due to fruits if you have a vital city? i won some games through fruits only and i admit it is rather boring to do it. but apart from that i think globulation does not grant any winner bonus.

Leo Wandersleb