Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2s lack of recovery strategy (with a proposal)

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Glob2s lack of recovery strategy (with a proposal)
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:51:41 -0800

On 1/7/06, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
> for a proposal, please scroll down to the last paragraph.
>
> why are you exagurating like that? single misstakes can be
> to build an inn one square off the optimum. that is forgiven
> as everybody does misstakes like that. but it can also be to
> not switch on inn vision. even that is forgiven as long as
> your happiness does not fall significantly less than your
> opponents. just switch it on when you start loosing units.
> but if you forget to build inns, hospitals or schools at
> all, you are to loose if your opponent is normally as strong
> as you.
> what we need here is some newbie-mode where every lack of
> food, health, education (maybe opponents advance in
> happiness) gets reported early in combination with the hint
> to the strategy that makes these announcements disappear so
> you can't just forget about it.
>
> <=== proposal ===>
> a way to make fruits less powerfull should be kind of
> natural. i'm strongly opposed to take fruits into account
> only till the looser has half the pop as the winner or the
> like. what i could think of is a formula that makes the
> globs not only prefere inns that have fruits but also inns
> that are not too crowded. so if your inns are all only half
> full they are as attractive as inns with one fruit. 1/4
> filled => 2 fruits, nobody in => 3 fruits. that would
> represent lets say your patriots, the space loving globs,
> what so ever.
>
> i'll post that one on the forum, too. greetings,
>
> leo
I quite like that idea, that way you could atleast counter fruits
without fruits. You could have all the frutis you want, but if your
opponent has an empty, fully loaded in at the end of his base,
everything is still balanced. Although i'm not sure if this would
balance that well, it would need to be tested allot.