Re: [glob2-devel] Murcurial switch, important informations

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Murcurial switch, important informations
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:32:32 +1200

Well, I agree on the https authentification scheme Kieran suggested (one pwd
per main developer + anonymous commit as guest). If we have problems, we can
drop the guest account.

I do think its the best method. There shouldn't be too many problems with guest account, since bots cant enter details at https or .htaccess prompts (they are able the wisable access layer so to speak, they need a person to type the details I beleive).

If everyone agrees, I will try to do the conversion asap (let's say before
Sunday at worst, and I notify the ml in case of additional delays). Please
keep the cvs frozen until there. I want at least to retain MAIN history into
mercurial.

I'll get alpha23 out (give it a day or two more), then when everything is set, should be able to turn CVS to read only and you are all set (I guess I could do it now, but no one would be able to commit any fixes or tag the release before it goes out) :D

If you consider yourself a core developer, please send me a mail with your
username/password you want use.

Will send after this

--
Kieran.P