Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:29:42 +1200

Hard to say.  Generally the way we do it now will break old glob2.
When we change the map file structure and replace all our old maps
with new ones alpha23 and earlier will not be playable.
The same is true for all future changes in data format.

They will. The files for a23 and previous will remain on kyles server, and the sync files in the tagged releases of the old CVS, so anyone wanting to download the stableish 0.8.23 can do so still. But new development on 0.9.0 will use the SCMS to handle the data and maps. The easiest way consdiring only a few people will know about the repository to start.

I therefore think we must put it (or a core part) in a repository.

I agree.

Hey wait.  Are the maps and data compressed.

No, they are not. But compressing would mean uncompressing, and thats time consuming, and just not worth it IMO.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/