Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] mercurial switch
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:21:27 +1200

Then we should leave maps and data on globulation2.org .

I guess. But Nct has more bandwidth I think, so whats about 20mb?

When the official maintainer is very busy or in vacation or leaves the project we get stuck.

Why is this a case? Its not like that atm with CVS.  Why should it be any different? Remember that switching SCMS was for better support of branching and merging, not to have code scattered over the net further.

I'd prefer using bazaar over having a repository maintainer. We would take most of mercurials easy-to-use-quality away, if we complicate the way we commit.

Bazaar I've heard isn't supported on Windows. And that could be quite a bit of trouble.

Backup would only be useful as a mirror to reduce bandwidth, because every mercurial user has the whole repository.  But I don't think there will be much traffic unless we are in a release process.

If your host is any good, they'll have backups of everything anyway.

--
Kieran.P
http://qlwiki.linuxsolutions.co.nz/