Re: [glob2-devel] Is this project dead?

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Is this project dead?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 12:51:11 +0100

On 28.12.19 17:35, address@hidden wrote:
Regarding bars, what do you mean proportional? Currently a bar of
length N represents N * k elements, with k being proportional to the
width, respectively the height of the bar for vertical, respectively
horizontal bars.

http://www.winterdryad.co.uk/bars.png

I mean something like this. What do you think?
Personally I prefer having bars at different locations to denote different statistics (bottom: HP, left: food capacity/current, top: unit assigned/working, right: unit capacity/inside), but I would be curious what others would think. Anyone has opinion on that?
I have just used random colors for the bars, but the idea is to keep them closer together and having a width that is proportional to the element's one. This way it scales smoothly, because in the end we don't have many different "sizes". Just multiples of 32 if I remember correctly.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "having a width that is proportional to the element's one". Somewhat several statistics, such as number of units assigned/working, are precise at one unit and it somewhat matters for the player to see that.

But maybe there is a design that allows to have bars more together, if we think it is better, and still have this precision?

I was also thinking at some very nice animation that can be adapted to every building to differentiate between working ones and idle ones.

You mean whether the building is currently doing something, such as training unit? It seems cool indeed!

cheers,

Stéphane