gotmail-list

RE: [gotmail] out there suggestion...

From: E H R
Subject: RE: [gotmail] out there suggestion...
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:40:34 -0500

We wish, this however, does imply buy-in from the webmail providers.
Technically, gotmail is while not illegal, certainly unpaid for by ads as far as they are concerned, so why would they provide wsdl so people can avoid their ads? (I actually got the original idea while thinking that pywebmail was made in python, and used xml, and gotmail was written in perl, the other "can make xml sing and dance" language...) But the point was mostly not if, but WHEN the next interface change for webmail provider comes, to kinda agree on what changed and how to "describe it", so all that work isn't duplicated between projects.

I like the idea of wsdl, and it certainly is useful, but it's very much out its league here because it wasn't meant for a hostile environment... In fact, I'm sure one of its features applies to access controls for publishers...

(That with seven different webmail systems, checking email is just prohibitive for me to check, has never crossed their minds and is no concern of theirs, after all, to them, I can just check email without ads, as long as it isn't theirs... That I'd take the ads if they were properly attributed emails I could download is also besides the point: they know I'd have the choice to read them or notm which is my right, but is against the point of ads...)