gotmail-list

Re: [gotmail] out there suggestion...

From: Eric Robibaro
Subject: Re: [gotmail] out there suggestion...
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:28:28 -0500

Hmm I go offline the holidays, and you guys get all wild on me lol

My original question didn't have so much to do with rewriting gotmail, or hotwayd or anything like that, as much as figuring out if code was exchanged between the various "hotmail-grabbers" to combat hotmail changing their site all the time. Is there some sort of information repository about such things? I'm all for imap(I use pop3 only reluctantly, it's just not meant for dealing/filtering 1200-2500 messages a day in a single inbox, unlike cyrus and its suite of tools like my non-webmail interface deals with), however, I was hoping code exchange, etc... would allow me to run less than the number of daemons I'm running now(2 fetchyahoos, 2 gotmails, 1 web2pop, 1 mrpostman and 1 webmail.py) Having a consistent module format might actually enable me to use one single daemon(hopefully using imap) to get all my webmail, then use fetchmail to pull them all into my single inbox). An advantage to this method would be that if hotwayd and gotmail do collaborate, and make a state-conserving system(we'll say imap for now, could be something else, but imap works) and the webDAV interface does go away, having this solution means gotmail and hotwayd will keep working(until the next interface change). A modular system might also allow me to add other extensions/support to something like hotwayd. I guess since talks aren't ongoing, I better get in touch with the other projects, or seriously consider what commercial products(izymail is the only one I've seen that touches more than half the webmail extensions I need, and web2pop breaks all the time, and the author doesn't reply to mails)

The resulting discussion was entertaining when I got back though :)