help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Four levels and some talk

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Four levels and some talk
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 20:59:56 +0200

2009/9/20 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:
> Here's a little movie I took (ugly & crappy, yes, I used a camera, too
> lazy video capture ;) ) of one of your recent levels. Zoom & scroll! Note
> the new "Esc" button and the time in the top right corner. Next thing to
> implement are the "discs" suggested by Tim Anderson. Should be fairly easy
> to implement, there's a gluPartialDisc function that does it almost out of
> the box.
>
> http://www.ufoot.org/tmp/liquidwar6/mov05635.mpg

Yes, zoom + scroll looks pretty good! The zooming could also be used
for some special effect - maybe zooming out at the start of the level
or some fast back-and-forth zoom when a team is killed.

BTW I can't get "--display-console" to work - it says "no console support".

When it comes to vector, I guess I should be using that .svg format.
It seems like .svg prefer to have a certain size in "pixels". Will it
matter to you wether a vector file is 10x15px or 1000x1500px?

How about colors? Could LW6 replace all fill="#00FFFF" in a .svg file
with another color? Is transparency supported?

Regarding cursers, each level folder could contain a file called
cursor.svg which were used for the in-game cursors. Of course, it
would have to be colorized for each team.

Examples:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1349/cursors1.jpg
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7008/cursors2.jpg

Hey, I liked the color shifting in the LW5 cursors - I go offtopic
now, but I just found a clip showing the heavy color cycling in
Endorfun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IEFC_Y3nrA

I'll continue to play with level creation, .xml files, vector art and
that video thing. Please don't let all my talk distract you too much
from that network thing - I have a feeling it's a quite important
feature.

 - Kasper