help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Four levels and some talk

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Four levels and some talk
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:22:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, September 24, 2009 6:30 pm, kasperhviid wrote:
> 2009/9/23 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:
> As I understand it, it's the game engine which does the conversion to
> texture, at runtime. Is this correct?
> (if, on the other hand, it is me who converts it to png, there would
> need to be two files: cursor.png and cursor-color.png to colorize the
> cursor for each team)
Yes, maybe you could do that, make a cursor.png for the non-colorizable
part and cursor-color.png containing some grey-scale stuff ready to be
colorized. Implementing an SVG reader (or using an external one) sounds to
complicated too me given the tasks to achieve. But I may be wrong.

> Can't wait to see it!
> I aimed to have the video ready to be aired when LW had network play,
> but if you need feedback, it might make sense to release it earlier to
> attract players.
I still must fix nasty bugs which, if released as is, certainly won't be
attractive. But yeah, a release in October does not sound like impossible.

> Is LW6 ready for music on the technical side?
It plays ogg. I would like it better to use csound, for a bazillion
reasons I just love the csound concept but let's be realistic, first
releases of the game will use ogg. Technically, it can play them.

> Would you like some graphic for that Tim Anderson disc?
I should send screenshots before.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--