help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 6 eye candy

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Liquid War 6 eye candy
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:24:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, September 27, 2009 6:00 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> Here's some brainstorm. LW6 is something of a black box to me, so I
> have no idea what can actually be done.
A good brainstorm, however, does not take technical limitations as an input.

> As I see it, there are two ways we could make eyecandy:
>
> METHOD A : find a new way to display each individual fighter: Make
> each fighter a triangle, make each fighter a cluster of pixels, make
> each fighter a bitmap, etc.
>
> METHOD B: change all the fighters as a whole. The fighter layer is a
> 200x150 bitmap, which will have to be sized up to high res. We will
> edit the bitmaps to look cool. This will have to be done at every
> round (as in "rounds-per-sec") so it will have to be very fast.
I like your METHOD A/METHOD B distinction. Gives a good picture of the
problem.

> Let's take a look at method B.
That's what I call the "Goo" style -> http://goo.pillowfortgames.com/

Digging into image editor features, as you did with Photoshop - I'm more
of a Gimp fan ;) - is also a good source of inspiration.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__