help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Four levels and some talk

From: kasperhviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Four levels and some talk
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:30:05 +0200

2009/9/23 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:

> On Tue, September 22, 2009 8:59 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
>> Regarding cursers, each level folder could contain a file called
>> cursor.svg which were used for the in-game cursors. Of course, it
>> would have to be colorized for each team.
> I suggest you draw them in SVG, keep the SVG somewhere, and the SVG itself
> will be rendered on a 64x64 or 128x128 PNG texture for rendering purposes.

As I understand it, it's the game engine which does the conversion to
texture, at runtime. Is this correct?
(if, on the other hand, it is me who converts it to png, there would
need to be two files: cursor.png and cursor-color.png to colorize the
cursor for each team)

>> Hey, I liked the color shifting in the LW5 cursors - I go offtopic
>> now, but I just found a clip showing the heavy color cycling in
>> Endorfun:
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IEFC_Y3nrA
> Color shifting was something really cheap to implement in LW5. I'll think
> about it.

Cool! :-)

>> I'll continue to play with level creation, .xml files, vector art and
>> that video thing. Please don't let all my talk distract you too much
>> from that network thing - I have a feeling it's a quite important
>> feature.
> OK. I still think I will release something before the network-enabled
> release. The current WIP has a bunch of small enhancements which are IMHO
> really worth the upgrade. Additionnally, I need feedback on the new
> full-threaded code. Threaded code is known to be error prone. I've tested
> it quite a lot, but not as much as it would be if released officially.

Can't wait to see it!
I aimed to have the video ready to be aired when LW had network play,
but if you need feedback, it might make sense to release it earlier to
attract players.

Is LW6 ready for music on the technical side?

Would you like some graphic for that Tim Anderson disc?

- Kasper