Re: Add Modal transformations (issue4126042)

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: Add Modal transformations (issue4126042)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 17:55:04 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 11:20:22AM +0000, address@hidden wrote:

>> Might it be worth having some predefined scales,
>> i.e. \diatonicScale and \pentatonicScale and the like?
>
> I don't think so; they are not unique.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. For instance:

"\majorScale c" is essentially:
{c d e f g a b c}

whereas "\majorScale es" is that transposed to es:
{es f g as bes c d es}

"\majorScale" itself actually represents a sequence of intervals but it could
equally well be represented by the scale on c.

Incidentally I am in the middle of a project to sysematically name all
seven-note scales, none of whoes modes contain a sequence of either more than
two consecutive semitones or more than two consecutive aumented seconds.

  /Bernard