Re: Add Modal transformations (issue4126042)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Add Modal transformations (issue4126042)
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:25:23 +0000

Thanks Keith

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/5002/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely
File Documentation/notation/pitches.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/5002/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode867
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:867: pentatonicScale = \relative c'
{ ges aes bes des ees ges }
On 2011/02/03 07:22:36, Keith wrote:

Oops, you want only the first /five/ pitches.
Done

If you like, you could simplify by basing the scale on f
  \relative c' { f g a c d }
\motif = \relative c' { d8 c f,4 <f' a,> <f a,> }

This was originally called blackNoteScale.  I think I prefer
to leave it as the black notes so the example retains its familiarity.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4126042/diff/5002/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode943
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:943: motif = \relative c' { c8.
ees16 fis8. a16 b8. gis16 f8. d16 }