Re: Format of -dshow-available-fonts output

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Format of -dshow-available-fonts output
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 23:12:26 +0200

Am 17.07.2018 um 22:56 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
[...] I'm curious what output you'd get if you had both 08 and 12
installed.

fc-list gives

   .../EBGaramond08-Italic.ttf: EB Garamond,EB Garamond 08:style=08
Italic,Cursiva,kurzíva,kursiv,Πλάγια,Italic,Kursivoitu,Italique,Dőlt,Corsivo,Cursief,Kursywa,Itálico,Курсив,İtalik,Poševno,Etzana
   .../EBGaramond12-Italic.ttf: EB Garamond,EB Garamond 12:style=12
Italic,Italic

and I still think this is a bug in fontconfig.

$ fc-list : family style | grep "EB Garamond"
EB Garamond,EB Garamond 08:style=08 Regular,Κανονικά,Regular
EB Garamond SC,EB Garamond SC 12:style=12 Regular,Regular
EB Garamond Initials Fill1:style=Regular
EB Garamond Initials Fill2:style=Regular
EB Garamond 12 All SC:style=AllSC
EB Garamond Initials:style=Regular
EB Garamond,EB Garamond 08:style=08 Italic,Πλάγια,Italic
EB Garamond,EB Garamond 12:style=12 Italic,Italic
EB Garamond SC,EB Garamond SC 08:style=08 Regular,Κανονικά,Regular
EB Garamond,EB Garamond 12:style=12 Regular,Regular

And the result from parsing the LilyPond output:

['EB Garamond,EB Garamond 08', 'style=08 Italic,Cursiva,kurzíva,kursiv,Πλάγια,Italic,Kursivoitu,Italique,Dőlt,Corsivo,Cursief,Kursywa,Itálico,Курсив,İtalik,Poševno,Etzana']
['EB Garamond,EB Garamond 12', 'style=12 Italic,Italic']
['EB Garamond,EB Garamond 08', 'style=Standard,08 Regular,Normal,obyčejné,Κανονικά,Regular,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta']
['EB Garamond,EB Garamond 12', 'style=12 Regular,Regular']

Well, what I currently want to achieve is parsing the LilyPond output into a reasonable dictionary with the top-level entry being the font family. Somehow I'm beginning to doubt that this will be reasonably be possible ...

Urs

     Werner