Re: Format of -dshow-available-fonts output

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Format of -dshow-available-fonts output
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 12:41:04 +0200

Il giorno mer 25 lug 2018 alle 8:19, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:

[~]$ /opt/lilypond/usr/bin/fc-list --version
fontconfig version 2.8.0

[~]$ fc-list --version
fontconfig version 2.13.0

I'm not sure this is really relevant. The fact is that the libraries are *different*, so there's a difference. In my case the fc-list version from inside the LilyPond installation is 2.12.1

What *would* be interesting is to see the output from that "LilyPond fc-list", but that fails with "Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file". Any idea how I can get that to run?

Can you find the fonts.conf file in that installation?

I can run the fc-list in these two installations without any problem:

$ find /opt/lilypond* -name fonts.conf
/opt/lilypond-2.16/usr/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
/opt/lilypond-2.18/usr/etc/fonts/fonts.conf

Perhaps you set the path manually?
What do you get from this command:

env | grep FONTCONFIG_PATH