RE: LilyPond-2.22.2 does not work on Windows XP

From: Dag Bergman
Subject: RE: LilyPond-2.22.2 does not work on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 23:42:52 +0000

Thanks Karlin and Michael for your kind replies, and for considering how to
test Lilypond versions on a Windows XP machine.

It appears to be far too complicated for you to do that and I only expected
people to take the trouble to reply in case they already knew what was going
on.  Thank you, though, for even considering to test, but I don't expect you to
take that trouble.

To clarify, I had no problem to download the installation file from the
Lilypond website, and it installed nicely and indicated with a message to that
effect when it was ready.

My problem appeared when I called the program with a simple string, such as:

"Lilypond test1.ly" at the command prompt, which had worked fine with the
earlier version (that had been fully removed before I installed the later
version).

Best regards

Dag