RE: LilyPond-2.22.2 does not work on Windows XP

From: Dag Bergman
Subject: RE: LilyPond-2.22.2 does not work on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 00:47:53 +0000

Thanks again Werner for your reply.

You stated in an earlier email: "You are trying to use a 64bit program in a
32bit environment, which
always fails."

I thought I had downloaded the Lilypond file from the list that you mentioned,
but to make sure, I repeated the download and made sure I downloaded
(lilypond-2.22.2-1.mingw.exe) from the list you suggested for 32 bits systems.
Unfortunately, I had the same result as the first time:

Error message: "The system cannot execute the specified program."

Accordingly, it appears that if your latest statement (*All* versions given in
my link are 32bit versions) is correct, I cannot have tried to use a 64bit
program in a 32bit environment, as far as I can see, so there would have to be
a different reason for that error message.

Thanks for all your kind help.

Dag