Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 17:47:50 -0400

Derek Scherger <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Stephen Leake <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> It is a minor modification of revert; I factored out the common code.
>>
>> undrop just tells revert not to revert a file that is present in the
>> workspace, because it had changes when it was dropped.
>>

> Ahh I see. I've wondered of and on about a few different options to revert.
> Like --name, --attrs, --content so that it can be a little more fine-grained
> about what it does. So would something like revert --no-content file be
> synonymous with undrop at this point?

I don't know; "--no-content" to me sounds like "don't revert content,
just renmaes and other stuff". That's not the same as 'undrop', which
does revert content if the file actually got deleted from the workspace.

> One thing I noticed in trying to fix the diff bug was this:
>
> $ mtn mv dir dir2
> $ edit dir2/file
> $ mth revert dir2/file # only reverts content, leaves directory rename in
> place
> $ edit dir2/file
> $ mtn revert dir2 --depth=0 # should revert the rename and leave the content
> change but fails
>
> it would be good to get this sorted out too.

I think restrictions in general are poorly defined, which is one reason
I never use them.

--
-- Stephe