Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:08:05 -0600

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 6:21 AM, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is a little analysis of the recent bugfest efforts.

Thanks for all your work in organizing this.

I'll second that, you've done a great job of keeping track of what's going on and reviewing things.

> 1) Stephe   13 points (#7221 and #13597 still open)
> 2) Richard  11 points
> 3) Derek    5 points (#20447 still open, might add +5)
> 4) Tim            3 points (#17878 still open, might add +5)
>
> I'll give everybody some more time to cleanup / finish the mentioned
> things and recalculate the final scores again then.

I feel a little guilty about this. I deliberately adopted a strategy of
only working on trivial bugs. That was partly because I was tired and
not in the mood for hard work, but also partly because I felt it was in
the spirit of the bug hunt.

Don't! I have a huge tendency to fall into any bottomless pit available and it happened again on Saturday. I looked at the diff bug and thought it looked like it might not be too bad and then it blew up in my face. Happens all the time, didn't even surprise me. The "list branch names with tags" fix took all of 15 minutes so I'm super lucky to get 5 points for that one too! ;)

Cheers,
Derek