Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis - final points

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis - final points
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 21:22:47 -0600

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> * #20447: mtn diff <filename> fails inside of a renamed directory
>   -> net.venge.monotone.bugfest-2010.20447-dscherger
>   -> @Derek: whats your plan here? Is this reviewable?

Patch looks ok, if you add tests for the new diff behaviour (/dev/null
in adds and file removals) and check the patch(1) compatibility, I'll
reward that with an 8.

Great! Ok, I'll add this to my list (which is getting rather long at this point) as well. It shouldn't be too hard to finish up.

Note that you based this work on the code of #12273 - so only merge it
into mainline afterwards when you had the time to manage the shortening
of the ls tags output there :)

Oh good catch. I'll finish that up and add a test and then merge it to mainline. I was wondering a bit more about a --verbose option that might apply here to turn on more detail in the list of tags. Perhaps the default would be to list only tag names and revs, and with --verbose list the branch and key details too.

Cheers,
Derek