Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis - final points

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis - final points
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:53:49 +0200

Hi again!

So I got comments on most things - lets check the final scores:

> 1) Assigned, but not (yet) closed issues:
>
> * #7221: [NEED TEST] "monotone cert" should not require its target
>   be on a branch
>   -> net.venge.monotone.bugfest-2010.7221-stephen_leake
>   -> @Stephe: Please look at my comment there. If you work that out,
>   an additional 2 point reward is for you :)

Fix has been adapted, points have been counted.

> * #17878: Usability: too easy to accidentally fork after
>   merge or disapprove
>   -> branch is net.venge.monotone.bugfest-2010.17878-tbrownaw
>   -> @Tim: is this done?

I reviewed that (see the other mail) - if the remaining smaller issues
have been sorted out and all tests pass, it should be good to get
merged. I'll reward that with 5.

> * #13597: monotone update -b newbranch exhibits
>   incorrect behaviour
>   -> @Stephe: whats your plan here?

Not a bug anymore, no more points here, I think (I should have gotten
one :)). Stephe, please close this as well since you're still assigned.

> * #20447: mtn diff <filename> fails inside of a renamed directory
>   -> net.venge.monotone.bugfest-2010.20447-dscherger
>   -> @Derek: whats your plan here? Is this reviewable?

Patch looks ok, if you add tests for the new diff behaviour (/dev/null
in adds and file removals) and check the patch(1) compatibility, I'll
reward that with an 8.

Note that you based this work on the code of #12273 - so only merge it
into mainline afterwards when you had the time to manage the shortening
of the ls tags output there :)

> Lets breakdown the current points (not counting the not "in test"
> issues) so far:
>
> 1) Stephe   13 points (#7221 and #13597 still open)
> 2) Richard  11 points
> 3) Derek    5 points (#20447 still open, might add +5)
> 4) Tim            3 points (#17878 still open, might add +5)

Now the updated final results:

1) Stephe       15 points
2) Derek        13 points
3) Richard      11 points
4) Tim          8 points

I think it would be only fair to reward everybody of you with a small
price - you all have been quite busy and the point scores are very
nearby. If you want to get something, hand me over your postal address -
if you have a specific wish (but please be kind to my money bag :)),
tell it to me - for example if you have enough coffee mugs in your
cupboard already...

Thanks again for your work,
Thomas.