Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis - final points

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bugfest analysis - final points
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:26:14 -0600

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
> * #20447: mtn diff <filename> fails inside of a renamed directory
>   -> net.venge.monotone.bugfest-2010.20447-dscherger
>   -> @Derek: whats your plan here? Is this reviewable?

Patch looks ok, if you add tests for the new diff behaviour (/dev/null
in adds and file removals) and check the patch(1) compatibility, I'll
reward that with an 8.

I've added a bunch of tests and noticed that there are several xfailed diff tests that are related to the same problem of a restriction excluding parents of a file. Seeing all these I'm pretty much convinced that making a change so that parent nodes get included is the right thing to do, or is at least better than what we're doing now. I don't think this should be too hard to do so I may have a look at it in the not-too-distant future. I'd like to get the changelog branch wrapped up first though.

Note that you based this work on the code of #12273 - so only merge it
into mainline afterwards when you had the time to manage the shortening
of the ls tags output there :)

Fixed, tested and merged. We can think about adding a --verbose option for things like this any time.

Cheers,
Derek