Re: Level Comment Tool online - could be of interest to leveldesigners

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: Level Comment Tool online - could be of interest to leveldesigners
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 01:00:38 +0000

Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb Rune Zedeler um 22:27:
> Well. I have problems compiling pingus. Will really soon (promise,
> promise) install a newer linux. Then I'll have a look at compiling
> pingus. Will wait till we are ClanLib 0.7.0 compatible, though.

You should make your first experiments with your old installation to
learn about it without destroying anything important.
In a few days you'll have access to a newer static binary to create
levels with anyway but compiling the 0.6 tree is a nice exercise. ;-)

> In all cases outputting the result (success/failure) to stdout would be
> a Good Thing (TM) - and if we have this then the rest could be done in a
> simple shell script that runs all the demos and ensures that none of
> them fails.

You need a mode where the game ends after playing the demo and then it's
probably easier to use the return code then to parse anything from
stdout.