Re: [RP] Thanks

From: eichin-ratp
Subject: Re: [RP] Thanks
Date: Thu Oct 11 09:48:10 2001

> but this binds Alt-Y to paste, and also binds the scrolling actions to
> keys as well.

convenient key choice, I guess, but note that shift-PgUp (rather,
"prior") and shift-PgDn ("next") already do half-page scrolling, and
shift-Insert pastes:

 Shift <KeyPress> Prior:scroll-back(1,halfpage)
 Shift <KeyPress> Next:scroll-forw(1,halfpage)
 Shift <KeyPress> Insert:insert-selection(PRIMARY, CUT_BUFFER0)

I'm not sure when these were added but they've been around for a
relatively long time.

> I can't select without the mouse - not sure that's possible in xterm -

See my other posting about select-cursor-start/select-cursor-end...