Re: [RP] Thanks

From: Mike Meyer
Subject: Re: [RP] Thanks
Date: Thu Oct 11 10:56:12 2001

shawn <address@hidden> types:
> Copying is pretty app specific but pasting *could* be done with rp. RP
> could grab the cut buffer and generate keystrokes for each character
> in them. It would be as if you typed each letter in. Not quite the
> same as pasting, I guess. On the other hand, you could also do it with
> that sneaky X shell program that bubbles the X API to the command
> line. I can't remember what its called but I'm sure that could
> work. Or you could write your own. These are all probably better than
> putting it in RP.

What *I* would like is the ability to paste into rp's input bar. Most
often, it's because I'm looking at a URL in a flat text file, and want
to open a browser on it. I'm not sure that could be done with those X
programs.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <address@hidden>                     http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?              A: Tell them your plans.