Re: [RP] Getting Through and Locking XTerm Width

From: Martin Samuelsson
Subject: Re: [RP] Getting Through and Locking XTerm Width
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:31:46 +0200

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:23:22PM +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Basically, I want the xterm fixed while all other windows should fit
> within the given frame.  The Xterm shouldn't be resized to fit the
> frame, unless it's larger.

I'd say it can't be done without some serious scripting. When any window
gets mapped it requests a size and ratpoison barely ever accepts it, but
instead tells it which size it got. Xterm is no exception. That's how we
want it you know. ;)

The only way I can think of to stop rp from resizing windows is by
making them unmanaged, but that stops rp from considering them at all.

Your only hope stands to scripting I would say. Either that or start
using the full width of your terminal. Most of the time my urxvt:s are
76 rows and columns 203. And my gvim:s are 84 rows 84 and 254 columns.
Trying to cope with 132 cols would make me feel claustrophobic.
--
/Martin